Are you an experienced, senior professional interested in working at one of Canada’s largest, fastest-growing and values-based engagement and communications consulting firms? Where the management team believes in brains without bureaucracy? Where you’ll enjoy more freedom to lead?
Argyle is growing and we are inviting applications for the position of Director, Engagement, in our Edmonton office.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong client and project management skills, who is an inclusive, supportive leader. Ideally, you’re a positive team player who can equally share your thoughts and listen to feedback, and can thrive in a collaborative, open office environment.
- Lead projects or streams of large projects for complex client programs involving engagement and communications across Canada
- Lead and deliver key elements of client programs, including strategy development, digital and traditional engagement techniques, non-technical communications and promotions, event logistics and facilitation, reporting and data analysis, and evaluation
- Manage and coach Consultant and Senior Consultant team members
- Manage and build strong client relationships and rapport, being responsive and solutions-oriented
- Work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams and manage team members to ensure quality assurance and produce project deliverables on time and on budget
- Grow new business opportunities, for example by leading the development of proposals and participating in new business pitches.
- As part of the Western leadership team, provide mentorship, management, and coaching to support the growth of junior staff and team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- A university degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7-10 years of consulting, agency or corporate experience including within for-profit, non-profit and/or government environments.
- Proven experience in project or program management including work planning and managing budgets, client relationships, and teams and/or subcontractors
- Extensive experience in communications and engagement, with hands-on experience in: strategy design, stakeholder and/or public engagement, traditional and/or digital communications and promotions, event logistics and management, facilitation, data analysis, research and analysis, report writing
- Experience in new business development, including proposal development, marketing materials, and/or presentations
- Strong mentorship and coaching skills and the ability to help people grow and bring their best.
- Exceptional abilities in the following skills and competencies:
- Proficiency in Office 365 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (and Sharepoint is desired)
- Project management
- Time management and prioritization
- Problem-solving and judgement
- Written communication, particularly the ability to distill and adapt complex, technical information to audiences
- Oral communication
- Demonstrated understanding of the consulting practice, requiring commitment to producing high-quality work within time and budget constraints
- Able to travel for work, and in possession of an unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s license
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Team spirit and a great attitude
Asset Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Any of the following skills and experience would be ideal for the Director position.
- Lived or professional experience working with Indigenous communities
- Lived or professional experience working with equity-seeking communities
- Training in Indigenous Cultural Safety, anti-oppression and/or trauma-informed approaches
- Familiarity or proficiency with digital and social media channels and applications
- Familiarity or proficiency with data analysis tools (MS Excel, NVivo, Microsoft BI), techniques (qualitative, quantitative, cross-tabbing) and visualization
Specific experience and knowledge:
- Formal Engagement training (i.e. International Association of Public Participation)
- Experience or familiarity working with online survey or engagement platforms (i.e. Survey Monkey, Bang the Table, Ethelo, Civil Space, etc.)
- Experience conducting program or project evaluation (i.e. metrics, evaluation frameworks, logic models)
- Experience working in digital and/or traditional media, media relations and campaign management
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive compensation, and an outstanding opportunity for long-term career growth and advancement. Given the unique nature of our work with Indigenous and equity-seeking communities, we encourage and may give preference to candidates from these communities who self-identify on their application. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if you don’t match the job posting perfectly.
Application must be complete with a cover letter and detailed resume outlining required and desired (if applicable) work experience, skills and knowledge.
We thank all applicants for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.